As with anything in life, preparation is key to winning your personal injury claim. With a well-honed, award winning team like Fortitude Legal, our years of litigation experience have taught us what to expect when it comes to getting you the best financial outcome in your claim and to anticipate and be prepared for the moves of the Defendant’s lawyers.
Whilst most cases are resolved before Court, it is necessary that your lawyer thoroughly prepares your claim as though it were to proceed, in order to have the ammunition to negotiate with the Defendant’s lawyers. Your lawyers shouldn’t be talking with the Defendant’s lawyers until they are fully appraised of both the strengths and weaknesses in your case.
At Fortitude Legal, our preparation of your case is thorough and methodical. We leave no stone unturned.
Whilst there are many intricacies in each step along the way, the framework to ensure your claim is in the best shape to maximise your compensation includes:
- Ensure your injury is properly reported and Claim lodged (where applicable)
- Seek all appropriate medical treatment so the full extent of your injury and its consequences are known
- Meet with our lawyers promptly whilst your recollection is clear and comprehensive instructions can be obtained
- Let us ease the burden and provide you with the confidence to make the right decisions about your claim at the right time
- We then investigate, obtain and preserve all evidence required to give you the best chance of success
- We will arrange for your injuries to be assessed by the appropriate specialists and obtain the opinions needed to support your various forms of damages/compensation
- In WorkCover and TAC matters we will also provide support along the way for any annoying decisions the insurers may make about your entitlements, whilst still progressing your common law claim
- We will then endeavour to negotiate the best possible result for you or, where that’s not possible, proceed to Court upon your instruction and take the battle to the Defendant
- Once your claim is finalised, we remain here for you. We know that settlement of your common law claim does not always mean the end of your dealings when your claim is either a transport accident or WorkCover so we want to be there for you into the future.
Call us for a free no obligation chat. Don’t muck about with your rights
At Fortitude Legal – WE’RE IN YOUR CORNER!