The impact of an intentional assault can be devastating, both from a physical and psychological perspective.
Assaults can and unfortunately do occur in a number of settings both public and private.
As lawyers, in these claims we will advise you on various issues including:
- The likelihood of establishing fault on the part of the offender and any other party;
- The legal impact of any special relationships that exist between the parties eg: if the assault occurred at work;
- Possible damages available to you;
- The likelihood of enforcing any award made in your favour and hence the viability of your claim;
- Any other potential entitlements such as making a claim with the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal.
If you have been the victim of an assault you should:
- Seek medical help;
- Report the incident to the police and where applicable, the venue;
- Note details of any witnesses or surrounding CCTV cameras;
- Seek legal advice.
Cases are only as strong as the evidence that can be produced to support them. In many instances, CCTV if it exists, can be destroyed within a short time frame. Although our Team are experts in obtaining evidence and preparing cases, it is crucial that steps are taken to preserve evidence early on.
The law surrounding public liability claims and your entitlements is complex and there are strict time limits that apply. It is important that you get appropriate legal advice from the outset to ensure that your rights are protected.
We can help you navigate the legal requirements, maximise your entitlements and make the decisions that are right for your future.
If you have a query, please do not hesitate to contact our expert Public Liability Team for a no obligation chat.