Slip Trip Fall

Injured due to a slip, trip or fall? The injury compensation lawyers at Fortitude Legal in Ballarat, Bendigo and Geelong can help.

Occupiers of premises will generally owe you a duty to take such care as in all the circumstances is reasonable to see that when on the premises you will not be injured by reason of the state of the premises or things done in relation to the state of those premises.

If you have suffered injury as a result of a “slip, trip or fall” you should:

  • Seek medical help;
  • Report the incident to the occupier of the premises;
  • Take photographs of the hazard and the surrounding area;
  • Note details of any witnesses or surrounding CCTV cameras;
  • Seek legal advice.

Cases are only as strong as the evidence that can be produced to support them. In many instances, CCTV if it exists, can be destroyed within a short time frame.  Although our Team are experts in obtaining evidence and preparing cases, it is crucial that steps are taken to preserve evidence early on.

If your “slip, trip or fall” occurred on a footpath, road or other carriageway, see also Injuries Occurring on Footpaths and Roads

The law surrounding public liability claims and your entitlements is complex and there are strict time limits that apply.  It is important that you get appropriate legal advice from the outset to ensure that your rights are protected.

We can help you navigate the legal requirements, maximise your entitlements and make the decisions that are right for your future.

If you have a query, please do not hesitate to contact our expert Public Liability Team for a no obligation chat.